Boston has been pummeled with record snowfall this season, and more is likely on the way—a storm is predicted to drop 8 to 10 inches this weekend. Here are 9 reasons why that’s not particularly welcome news for Bostonians:
1. Boston set a new record for most snowfall in a 30-day period, with 73.3 inches between Jan. 12 and Feb. 10.
2. The city’s total accumulation for the winter season is 79.5 inches, according to the National Weather Service.
3. That means Boston needs 28.2 more inches before spring to top its all-time seasonal record of 107.6, which it reached in 1995-96.
4. Across the state, plows have shoveled enough snow to fill the Patriots’ Gillette Stadium 90 times.
5. Boston plows have worked a cumulative 136,652 hours as of this writing.
6. In that time, they’ve cleared 244,064 miles of snow.
7. 70,051 tons of salt have…
Ver la entrada original 61 palabras más